INTERNATIONAL FIGHT LEAGUE SCORES SOLID RATINGS GROWTH ON MYNETWORKTV AND FOX SPORTS NET
MyNetworkTV’s numbers rise 60% from prior programming during February sweep, and over 250% in the key male demo; FSN numbers rise 24% from previous programming in 11 p.m. Friday period
NEW YORK, March 30, 2007 – The International Fight League (OTC.BB: IFLI), the world’s first team-based professional mixed martial arts league, has made tremendous strides in growing its television reach in less than a month. “IFL Battleground” on MyNetworkTV and the IFL’s weekly team competition on Fox Sports Net (FSN) have seen weekly growth since launching in the last month. “IFL Battleground” is seen on Monday nights on MyNetworkTV from 8-10 p.m. EDT/PDT, 7-9 p.m. CDT.
‘”The proof of growth is in the numbers,” said IFL CEO and co-founder Gareb Shamus. “The sport of Mixed Martial Arts, and the International Fight League model, is resonating more and more each week with both the male and female audiences through our efforts with our broadcast partners. As we reach our one-year anniversary, all the numbers point to a very bright future ahead for the IFL, both in and out of the ring.”
“IFL Battleground” has achieved record numbers for MyNetworkTV in just its first three weeks.
Those numbers include:
• A 60% increase in overall audience size over MyNetworkTV February sweeps prior program numbers, including a 250% increase in males 18-49.
• A three-telecast viewer reach of over 6.1 million, the best first three telecast cume for any show since the Network launched last September.
• The February 26 “IFL Battleground” show featuring the New York Pitbulls set a record for males watching MyNetworkTV, delivering a 0.7 in the male 18-49 category.
On the sports cable side, the IFL’s weekly Friday night matchup on FSN has seen:
• An impressive 24% increase in the 11 p.m. window from other programming that has held that time slot in the first quarter of 2006 (FSN’s “Best Damn Sports Show Period”).
• Overall the program rose in all key male demos, with men 18-34 up 41%, men 18-49 up 15% and men 25-54 up 27%.
About the IFL
International Fight League™ (IFL) is the world’s first professional mixed martial arts sports league. IFL has its headquarters in New York, NY and offices in Las Vegas, NV. For more information about IFL, please see: www.ifl.tv.