The Arizona State Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation (AZSBJJF) is proud to announce the 4th Arizona Open of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The competition will take place on February 21, 2009 at the Westwood High School located at:
945 W. 8th St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition will offer Kids, Juvenile, Adult (Male and Female) and Masters Divisions
We had over 300 competitors at the last event!
With the Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championships (Pan-Ams) coming up in March, the 4th AZ Open is a great opportunity to get competition experience! See how you fair against competitors from other schools; Gain knowledge to help fine tune your game and sharpen your competitive edge!
Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship 2009
March 27, 28, and 29
California State University, Dominguez Hills
1000 E. Victoria Street
Carson, California 90747
Visit the IBJJF Official Website or click on the following link for more information on the Pan-Ams: Pan Jiu-Jitsu Championship 2009
The Pan-Ams is the 2nd largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament in the world!
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY!
- Each competitor must fill out the registration form online. The registration fee is $50 for juveniles (16-17 yrs), adults, and masters divisions and $35 for the kids division
- Click on the link to register: Registration for 4th AZ Open of BJJ
- All registrations must be received by Wednesday, February 18th by 11:59 pm. No registrations after this date! Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions!
- The brackets will be released before the tournament. On Thursday, February 19th, the brackets will be available at the AZSBJJF Official Website
WEIGH-IN WITH GI ON!
- The weigh-in system is the same used by the IBJJF. The competitor will weigh in before his/her first match. If you don't make weight, you will be immediately disqualified. Please make sure that you are in the correct weight category. You cannot change divisions if you do not make your designated weight division. No changes will be accepted on the day of the tournament and no refunds will be made!
- We will offer an extra scale for people to check their weights before weigh-ins
- This is a sport with rules, and making weight for your division is part of the rules. In order to maintain the integrity of our tournament and the sport, we STRICTLY enforce this policy. Please take responsibility and show up to the tournament at the correct weight for your division!
We don't guarantee that all kids will have more than one match. This is a single elimination tournament. If a competitor loses in the semi-finals, he/she will compete for third place. Divisions and/or weight classes are subject to change. Each competitor will receive a medal and a certificate. The AZ Open does not offer refunds.
The kids division will have limited entries. ONLY 150 competitors allowed!
If you have any suggestions, questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact.