The 3rd Arizona Open of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will take place in Mesa,Arizona on February 9th,2008. The Event is sponsored by Soyo Group Inc., Rage N Glory, MTX Audio, Knockout Graphics, Crossfit Southwest, OTM Fight Shop, Custom T-shirt Warehouse, Rio Sabor Steakhouse and the Arizona State BJJ Federation. This is a gi tournament.
Each team's coach must turn in the registration form for each competitor along with the following registration fee: $50 for adults and juveniles (16-17 yrs) or and $35 (kids division). If the competitor is 17 yrs old but, he will be turning 18 in 2008, he will be competing at the adult division.
Registration and fee payment must be received by Thursday, February 7th, 2008 by 11:59 pm. No registrations after this date. Registration fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
The weigh in system is the same used by IBJJF. Before you first match will weigh in. If you don't make weight, you will be immediately disqualified. Please make sure that you are in the correct weight category. You cannot change divisions, if you do not make your designed division. No changes will be accepted on the day of the tournament, and no refunds will be made. We offer an extra scale for people to check their weights before.
How to enroll
How to enroll:
1- Mail a signed Registration Form along with a money order or check made payable to: Gustavo Dantas and mail to:
AZ Combat Sports
1401 S. McClintock Dr.
More info at www.gdjiujitsu.com or 480-570-8801
2- Register online: Online registration must be completed by Thursday February 7th.
Broadway Recreation Center
59 E. Broadway Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85210
Brackets will be available online on February 8th.
Saturday February 9th. 2007
- 9:00 am Doors Open
- 10:00 Kids and Juvenile
- 12:30 pm White Belts (super feather, feather, light, middle, middle heavy)
- 1:30 pm White Belts (heavy, super heavy, unlimited and master)
- 3:00 pm Blue Belts
- 4:00 pm Purple and Brown Belts
- All adult competitors will receive a Tournament T- Shirt.
- The top three schools kids division receive awards;
- The top three schools Adult division receive awards;
- Award for the fastest submission.
- A 32" SOYO LCD TV will be raffled between the juvenile, adult and masters divsion winners*.
Full information available at www.gdjiujitsu.com or call 480- 517-1960