UFC 79: Nemesis
Saturday, December 29th, 2007
At Mandalay Bay Events Center, Nevada, U.S.A.
* Interim welterweight championship bout: Georges St. Pierre def. Matt Hughes by submission due to an armbar at the end of round 2.
* Light heavyweight bout: Chuck Liddell def. Wanderlei Silva by unanimous decision at the end of three rounds.
* Light heavyweight bout : Lyoto Machida def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou by submission due to an arm triangle choke at the beginning of round 2.
* Lightweight bout: Rich Clementi def. Melvin Guillard
* Heavyweight bout: Eddie Sanchez def. Soa Palalei
* Light Heavyweight bout: James Irvin defeated Luis Cane via disqualification when Cane delivered an illegal knee to Irvin.
* Welterweight bout: Roan Carneiro def. Tony DeSouza by TKO (Strikes) at 3:30 of the second round.
* Lightweight bout: Manvel Gamburyan defeated Nate Mohr in the first round via anklelock.
* Middleweight bout: Dean Lister defeated Jordan Radev by decision. All judged scored the bout 30-27 for Lister.
* Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek def. Doug Evans by unanimous decision (All three judges scored the bout 29-28 for Bocek).