2008 U.S. Armed Forces Pankration Invitational
17 May 2008
52 Area Fitness Center
Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California
- This Tournament is open to all Active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Reservists who are assigned to a drilling unit may also participate.
- Licensed Professional Mixed Martial Arts Fighters are prohibited from entering.
- Tournament is hosted and promoted by MCCS, Camp Pendleton and sponsored by The Compound MMA.
- Two Skill Levels - Beginner (one year or less Martial Arts training) and Open (Over one year Martial Arts training)
- Weight Classes - 130 lbs; -140 lbs; -150 lbs; -160 lbs; - 175 lbs; - 190 lbs; - 205 lbs; - 230 lbs & over 230 lbs.
- There are no Women’s divisions at this time. Please contact us if you are a Female and wish to compete.
- All divisions are double elimination with a consolation bracket to determine 3rd place.
- Athletes must compete with MMA Style Gloves, a mouthpiece and Cup.
MMA Style gloves will be provided to athletes without their own.
-Other protective gear is optional: Elbow pads, Knee pads, Shin/ Shin & Instep guards, Wrestling Head Gear, Wrestling/ Martial Arts Shoes.
-MMA Fight Shorts with Rash guard are the recommended uniform.
-Athletes may also compete in Traditional Martial Arts attire, shorts or sweats without open pockets or metal, tight fitting T-Shirt or Wrestling singlet.
-All Athletes and Coaches must know and understand the rules of the tournament. A rules demo will be conducted the morning of the Tournament.
-Competitors may have a maximum of two coaches mat side. Coaches must stay in the designated area on the mat.
- Any violations may result in penalties against the fighter or removal from the tournament.
-All disrespectful conduct to include that of coaches will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. Disrespectful conduct includes arguing with referees and officials and/ or intentionally trying to injure your opponent.
-All victorious competitors are required to sign their bout sheet after each match acknowledging the results are correct.
- Beginners will compete in 3 minute matches. Open will compete in 5 minute matches.
-See rules and regulations at www.fightleague.org/Rules.html
- Each Division is limited to 8 competitors.
- Competitors must make weight or be removed from the bracket.
- All Competitors must pre-register. The first 8 to register for each bracket will get in.
- A lottery for open spots will be conducted the day of the tournament for those who did not make the first 8 on the bracket. To enter the lottery you must be present at the weigh in area at 0900 hrs on 17 May.
- There is no participation fee for this tournament.
Weigh In: Weigh in will be conducted at the 52 Area Fitness Center. A Valid Military ID will be required at weigh in.
Competitors have two options to weigh in.
16 May, 1800 – 2000 hrs
17 May, 0700 – 0830 hrs
A rules Demo will be conducted at 0930 hrs in the Competition area.
Division start times will be posted at this time.
Estimated Competition Times:
Beginner Division: 1000 – 1400 hrs
Open Division: 1400 – 1800 hrs
Medals for top 3 finalists in each weight division.
Trophy’s for top 3 Open Division Teams.