Quality Grappling Tourney - Wall, NJ April 3rd - 2 Match Guarantee
Sat, 2010-02-20 13:37 — Jasculs
IF YOU'RE ON FACEBOOK YOU CAN RSVP YOUR ATTENDANCE HERE (INVITE ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO WILL BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING TOO: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=314162651923&ref=ts or CLICK THIS FACEBOOK IMAGE:
The first 100 grapplers to pre-register will have a chance to win: 1 of 2 Shoyoroll gi, 1 of 10 Forty Theives shorts or a $100 Forty Thieves gift certificate for a total of 13 prize drawings!
You can check out their gear at:
http://www.fortythievesclothing.com - These are seriously the nicest, bet quality, and most stylish grappling shorts you'll find! (Check out their shorts in their store)
http://www.shoyoroll.com (This will be from their limited edition Batch #7 production!) (You will hear about Shoyoroll gi's all over the internet as some of the best gis ever made. You can also read a review here:http://www.grapplersguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3564
Head 2 Head Grappling Presents: Supreme Grappling Tournament 3 - Two $1,000 Pro Division (read below for details)
This event was started to give grapplers in the tri-state area an opportunity to compete in an event that isn't very far away and doesn't break the bank like some of the much bigger tournaments.
Our goal is to run a respectable tournament that brings in some of the best grapplers from the tri-state area.
Pre-register now and save money and get a FREE t-shirt:
- Each competitor is guaranteed 2 matches!
- Women compete for half price!
- Brown Belts and Black Belts compete in the Gi division for FREE!
- Even though we are a fairly new organization we will have 8 mat areas.
- Our location is in a very large sports arena. GoodSports Complex in Wall, NJ so that means no crowded areas.
- We are having TWO $1000 Pro Grappling Divisions - Under 165lbs and 166lbs to 190lbs featuring some of the best expert and black belt grapplers in the tri-state area.
- Our facility has full locker rooms with sauna and showers.
- Facility is equipped with snack bar.
- Focused on getting quality and well respected referees.
- Night Before Weigh Ins from 6pm to 8pm at the venue.
- DISCOUNT AND FREE T-Shirt with online registration (Pre-registration will close after April 1st.)
- Many matches are filmed and posted right on the Head2Head Grappling website:http://www.head2headgrappling.com
This gi and no-gi event will have divisions for men, women, and 30+ men.
Note that the exact weigh-in times are subject to change as the event approaches. I will keep everyone attending this event posted! Saturday weigh ins will be held at the venue from 8 AM to 10:00 AM for anyone competing in no gi divisions, and will be extended to noon for anyone that will only be competing in the gi. Competitors can also register and weigh in Friday night from 6 to 8 PM at the competition venue. If you weigh in Friday night, you do not need to weigh in on Saturday!
Competitors do not need to wear the gi during weigh ins.
First matches will begin approximately at 10:30 AM.
Note: This event is for adults only. Teens may compete in adult divisions with permission of their parents and coaches.
$1,000 UNDER 165LBS NO-GI PRO DIVISION IS SET:
1. Marcos Loro (Nova Uniao Blackbelt - Grapplers Quest Pro Division Champion - 5x Brazilian National Champion)
2. Sidemar "Sideco" Honorio (BJJ Black Belt - Daddis FC)
3. Brian McLaughlin (Ultimate Fighter Season 8 Veteran - BJJ Brown Belt - Multiple Time Superfight Grappling Champion)
4. Jay Hayes (BJJ Black Belt - BJJ United - Multiple Time Grapplers Quest Champion)
5. Jo Jo Guarin (BJJ Black Belt - BJJ United - Pan Am Champ 2006)
6. Pete Shoemaker (Multiple Time NAGA and Grapplers Quest Champion, No-Gi Purple Belt Pan Am Champion)
7. Breno Lima (BJJ Black Belt Under Andre "Gigueto" Soares)
8. Kevin Roddy (BJJ Brown Belt Under Kurt Pellegrino)
$1,000 166LB TO 190LB NO-GI PRO DIVISION:
Message me or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with resumes if interested
1. Greg Soto (Undefeated Fighter Under Kurt Pellegrino - Multiple NAGA Expert Naga Champion)
2. Rob Mudrak (Under Team Balance - Multiple Time Grapplers Quest and US Grappling Advanced Champion)
3. Rich Ashkar (Brown Belt Under Bill Scott - 5-1 Pro Fighter, Multiple Time NAGA and Grapplers Quest Champion)
4. Send resumes to email@example.com or message Jason Scully