You are here: Home / Forums / OTM Forums / On The Mat / UFC 110 - A Review

On The Mat

Post New Forum Topic | Refresh

Who's Online

edwardk
Omar J. Salvosa
There are currently 2 users and 21 guests online.

Who's New

Jkymera
Mercenary92
TheRockBJJ
Scottgillis1118
Adam Carter
Daviidp10
ramvjr
angela.sauermann.ca
thelastelementsem
Ruscio
johnt13
JayPagesJJCTA
piousjr@hotmail.com
Turtlejitzu
jonno.nickson
sethwilliambrown
mquintanilla1
michelleciociola
rubentodd
thheffelfinger
view counter

UFC 110 - A Review

Tue, 2010-02-23 17:57 — Anonymous

I thought I would review some of the fights so you guys could put your two cents in. I have been wanting to do this for sometime....

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Anthony Perosh 

Perosh getting "Cro Copped"

This fight was entirely one-sided. Man did Perosh get a beating. Blood everywhere, it got sickening to watch at the end. That's why they call it getting "Cro Copped" because Mirko is a beast that threatens to open any loose tissue on your face. A definite watch for any fan of Mirko.

Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader 

The fight showed Jardines age in my opinion. He's sly and slinky, but Bader stepped on the gas in the middle of the 3rd round and Jardines knees buckled. Bader really showed his technique with this match. I enjoyed it very much, it even had some ground game to go with the striking.

Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos

Don't be cocky, or you'll get beat down

Stevenson came into this fight very cocky. Big mistake. The number one thing in my opinion, thinking you are the best doesn't make you the best. Sotiropoulos time and time again out-smarted and out-gunned Stevenson. George was very technical and even on his back, was a professional. This was a good fight and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes big hits and kicks from the floor.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping 

To me, this was a good, yet boring fight. Wanderlei was very evasive. Bisping showed great technical prowess and was aggressive on the takedowns. I thought he had the fight for sure. It wasn't the fight I was expecting, but you never know with the level of fight these guys have. Wanderlei put the gas on at the end of each round and it wasn't fun because by the end you knew it was coming. He never let the fight go to the ground and he used a guillotine at the wrong moment. Sorry for this pic Michael, but it's very entertaining. Wanderlei is a beast and you don't want him anywhere near your neck. He sure is pretty now, though.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez - The Main Event

Oh, man. I felt that punch. Velasquez clearly wanted the fight to be over as soon as possible. He was always wanting to get his punches out first and was very aggressive. He wanted it more plain and simple. I loved this match because it shows you can't forget why you are in the ring. If you do you are mat food.

Feel free to add your own musings on what happened or try not to insult my lack of insight. My 2 cents.

-MattB

BlackBelt's picture

Nog is getting old and cant

Nog is getting old and cant take the punishment anymore.  He has the heart but not the head.
    Im glad Wand beat Bisping, but i wish it was a better fight too. 
    Never thought Joe would get so P'owned/!? Go rubber guard!
    Cro Cop out classed his guy and glad bader is coming up!!

BB

Your rating: None
    view counter