You are here: Home / Forums / OTM Forums / On The Mat / IF you're A NEW MEMBER, say HI here!

On The Mat

Post New Forum Topic | Refresh

Fight Shop

OTM - NEW- Hawaii Shorts
$59.99
OTM Breaking Arms Black Front
OTM Breaking Arms
$24.99
BTF Competition Gold Weave Blank...
$119.99
Shock Doctor Mouthguard Case
$7.99

Who's Online

edwardk
There are currently 1 user and 23 guests online.

Who's New

Jkymera
Mercenary92
TheRockBJJ
Scottgillis1118
Adam Carter
Daviidp10
ramvjr
angela.sauermann.ca
thelastelementsem
Ruscio
johnt13
JayPagesJJCTA
piousjr@hotmail.com
Turtlejitzu
jonno.nickson
sethwilliambrown
mquintanilla1
michelleciociola
rubentodd
thheffelfinger
view counter

IF you're A NEW MEMBER, say HI here!

    Tue, 2007-12-18 14:05 — GAZZY

    If you are a new member, just drop a line in here to let us know you're here, where ur from, where u train (if at all), and anything else u wana say.

    welcome to the OTM FORUM!

    gdaniels21's picture

    What's up?

    I'm new and a newb. I just started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and am loving it. This forum is really relaxed too.

    Greg

    Your rating: None
    Elemental Fist's picture

    I'm Elemental Fist, I'm an Egyptian MMA fan who currently lives in the UK.

    I've been a fan for quite a while, my all time favorite fighter is Sakuraba, that being said I hope he retires his time has passed.

    Your rating: None
    Hoser's picture

    Im a brown black under John Hackleman

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    Hoser;20792 wrote:
    Im a brown black under John Hackleman

    Hello! brown black?

    Your rating: None
    Hawk's picture

    Hey G!!!!

    Hi Sugar!
    Hope all is well!
    Hawk

    Your rating: None
    beowulf's picture

    I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger.

    I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night.

    Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power.

    I AM BEOWULF!

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    Hiya!

    Hawk;21084 wrote:
    Hi Sugar!
    Hope all is well!
    Hawk

    Hey Hawkster!
    How da heck u been!?!?

    miss hearing from ya! :)

    Your rating: None
    Hawk's picture

    GAZZY;21165 wrote:
    Hey Hawkster!
    How da heck u been!?!?

    miss hearing from ya! :)

    Likewise Girl! Missed you at the Pan Am! You gonna be at the Mundials?
    Hawk

    Your rating: None
    The Bishop's picture

    Sup dudes and chicks....They Call me Bishop

    My name is Adisa...I'm a blue belt...Went by Saracen at the nhbgear boards...I write for OTM from time to time...I did the article on Josh Waitzkin...I got more cool stuff coming.

    I trained back in the day with Ralph (when Gumby, Scotty, BJ, Dave and Kurt, etc.) then got caught up with kids and marriage...

    Now my kids are old enough to train and I'm getting back into it...I'm old and gas easy now. But I train with Gumby and he is steadily beating the rust off me.

    OTM rocks!!

    -The Bishop

    Your rating: None
    The Bishop's picture

    Thanks man....

    I apprecite the good words...I'm wotrking on Vol. 3 right now of the swords....I forgot to clarify, that I got my blue from Charles Gracie....These boards rock...

    -The Bishop

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    ttt

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    TTT!

    ton's of new members! do say hello!

    Your rating: None
    arch's picture

    well i joined a while back but i don't think i ever posted here i am Ramon from santa clarita this is my 6th year doing jiu-jitsu i have always trained under Rickson until recently i am now training at Paragon in Ventura as well as training at big johns

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    arch;20545 wrote:
    well i joined a while back but i don't think i ever posted here i am Ramon from santa clarita this is my 6th year doing jiu-jitsu i have always trained under Rickson until recently i am now training at Paragon in Ventura as well as training at big johns

    paragon? holy sweetness!! good for u! Franginha is amazing. very good teacher too.

    glad you finally posted :D

    Your rating: None
    arch's picture

    i am very happy there i feel that i am starting to feel the holes in my game hope to see u there at breakfast

    Your rating: None
    Gracie Tahoe's picture

    New Member

    Hi Everyone,
    Marc here. Purple under Gary Grate/Charles Gracie. We have a new school in Truckee/Lake Tahoe. Charles Gracie BJJ Truckee/Tahoe. If you're in the area, please stop in and visit. bjjtruckeetahoe.com

    Your rating: None
    slideyfoot's picture

    Don't think I've made an intro post on here before, so: I've been training at the Roger Gracie Academy in London, UK since November 2006. Rank etc here.

    Your rating: None
    "Crazy"Tim's picture

    Tim Credeur, BJJ Blackbelt. I train at my gyms in Louisiana right now but I am moving to Vegas in a couple weeks to train.

    Your rating: None
    JR28's picture

    Hi I am Jeff I am new here also. I have been lurking around for last couple of days. Seems to be a pretty good place.

    Your rating: None
    the_icon's picture

    Hi all.

    I'm a new BJJ student with Jay Valko in Chicago.

    By day I'm a businessman (real estate development/technology) looking to diversify into fighter sponsorship.

    OTM seems to be a great forum with a lot of intelligent people here. Thanks for having me.

    Your rating: None
    KibunInc's picture

    Cool there are alot of great JJ guys here. Post away and have fun.

    Your rating: None
    RonWhite570's picture

    What's up guys? My name is Ron White from central PA I train at Vicious MMA in Williamsport, PA and Gracie NEPA in Scranton, PA. I train BJJ under Jeff Reece(Brown Belt under Royce).

    Started training at the beginning of 2008. I have an ameteur MMA record of 2-1 under the USKBA rules.

    Your rating: None
    Flair's picture

    Hey everybody. I'm 38 and i've been training in BJJ under the Terry Bros in Easton Pa. off and on since late 2001 early 2002. I do it as a hobby and something to keep me grounded. I've been a Blue belt for several years now and wonder how far i'd be if i actually took it seriously. I'd rather spend time with my wife and two kids though so i doubt i'll ever know.. :D

    Been a fan of MMA/NHB since the early days of the UFC and Royce Gracie.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    Gracie Tahoe;20630 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    Marc here. Purple under Gary Grate/Charles Gracie. We have a new school in Truckee/Lake Tahoe. Charles Gracie BJJ Truckee/Tahoe. If you're in the area, please stop in and visit. bjjtruckeetahoe.com

    Hey Marc. I know Gary :)

    Tahoe is beautiful. If I'm in the area I'll definitely come by!!

    Your rating: None
    wonderfrog's picture

    Have no fear, Wonder Frog is here!!

    Your rating: None
    fernando salvador's picture

    Wasaaaap!

    Your rating: None
    Sammy's picture

    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum

    I am Sammy, a purple under Demian Maia... and I am from Finland:cool:.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    wow!! from frogs to finland to fernando!!! hi guys!!!

    love the diversity! :)

    welcome to our spot!! now your spot too;)

    Your rating: None
    Mitch83's picture

    New to the forums

    I've been a member for a bit but I dont think I've ever posted or introduced myself.

    My names mitch 24yrs old. Have been training in Jiu Jitsu for 7 months now. I'm a 2 stripe about to be 3 stripe white under John blunchi who is a 1 stripe brown under allan hopkins who is a black belt under Master Pedro Sauer.

    I train in west monroe,La. I think thats the important stuff lol.

    Your rating: None
    KibunInc's picture

    Mitch83;17903 wrote:
    I've been a member for a bit but I dont think I've ever posted or introduced myself.

    My names mitch 24yrs old. Have been training in Jiu Jitsu for 7 months now. I'm a 2 stripe about to be 3 stripe white under John blunchi who is a 1 stripe brown under allan hopkins who is a black belt under Master Pedro Sauer.

    I train in west monroe,La. I think thats the important stuff lol.

    Always good to see another person from Louisiana posting here. :D

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    Mitch83;17903 wrote:
    I've been a member for a bit but I dont think I've ever posted or introduced myself.

    My names mitch 24yrs old. Have been training in Jiu Jitsu for 7 months now. I'm a 2 stripe about to be 3 stripe white under John blunchi who is a 1 stripe brown under allan hopkins who is a black belt under Master Pedro Sauer.

    I train in west monroe,La. I think thats the important stuff lol.

    hey mitch!! well shit, glad u finally posted! sometimes I find this forum a bit short of opinions, so I for one am always glad to hear more opinions.

    thanks for posting, and yeahhhh.. i think you've covered all the important stuff. :)

    Your rating: None
    victorygreg's picture

    i am new

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    victorygreg;17652 wrote:
    i am new

    hey greg.. do you live in SD? if no, where u from mang? who u train with?

    weclomeeeee!!!! :D

    Your rating: None
    victorygreg's picture

    GAZZY;17887 wrote:
    hey greg.. do you live in SD? if no, where u from mang? who u train with?

    weclomeeeee!!!! :D

    i live in san jose, ca. right now i am training with some friends in filipino martial arts and jujitsu. i am just getting back into training. i took a couple of years off. right now i am looking for somewhere to train. i have something in mind just waiting to see if it will happen.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    victorygreg;17899 wrote:
    i live in san jose, ca. right now i am training with some friends in filipino martial arts and jujitsu. i am just getting back into training. i took a couple of years off. right now i am looking for somewhere to train. i have something in mind just waiting to see if it will happen.

    awesome! you should move to san diego! come train with us as UND1SPUTED. Baret Yoshida teaches the men's classes, I teach the women and kids, War Machine aka Jon Copenhaverr, Tiger Smallz, Robert Garcia, Dave Ventura, Bill the Janitor's asst. all for Boxing, Scotty Dinguez and Ed Buckley (black tiger) for Muay Thai.

    bomb.. all insturctors are or have been hard core competitors, and have made world champions.

    sdundisputed.com

    Your rating: None
    victorygreg's picture

    GAZZY;17900 wrote:
    awesome! you should move to san diego! come train with us as UND1SPUTED. Baret Yoshida teaches the men's classes, I teach the women and kids, War Machine aka Jon Copenhaverr, Tiger Smallz, Robert Garcia, Dave Ventura, Bill the Janitor's asst. all for Boxing, Scotty Dinguez and Ed Buckley (black tiger) for Muay Thai.

    bomb.. all insturctors are or have been hard core competitors, and have made world champions.

    www.sdundisputed.com

    thanks for the invited. i like to visit san diego but i prefer the bay area. i will look you up when i visit there again.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    ok cool! :)

    wow.. we got a lot of new forum members this week.. where u guys at? welcome to the OTM forum :)

    Your rating: None
    lorenzodamarith's picture

    GAZZY;18226 wrote:
    ok cool! :)

    wow.. we got a lot of new forum members this week.. where u guys at? welcome to the OTM forum :)

    hello,

    where ARE they? hmmmmm. they read too many posts and thier heads blew up.

    yes. that must be it.

    hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

    thanks

    Your rating: None
    DStock's picture

    I'm new, sup?

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    DStock;18283 wrote:
    I'm new, sup?

    cool.. where u from? howd u hear bout this forum :)

    Your rating: None
    DStock's picture

    GAZZY;18285 wrote:
    cool.. where u from? howd u hear bout this forum :)

    Santa Cruz, and I guess you could say I know a couple of people that post on these forums. But is that how I found it? Not especially. Having plenty of time to spend on the internet is how I found this place.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    ah, i see :)

    santa cruz is awesome, love the weather, beaches, people, jiu jitsu, it's a lot like san diego.

    Your rating: None
    ARBIZO's picture

    Yes, I'm new to this grapplers forum. Seems friendly unlike Sherdog...

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    ARBIZO;18308 wrote:
    Yes, I'm new to this grapplers forum. Seems friendly unlike Sherdog...

    sweet.. thanks ARBIZO.. we are pretty cool peeps round here :cool: lol..

    best part is, that we have some real bjj black belts, vs shit talkers/internet warriors that think they know what they're talking about, and world champions on this board to really help the people looking for questions answered, or just a place to come see what's new and hang out.

    weelcome to the OTM forum, hope you make this your new spot!! I like it when people recognize the difference bewteen this forum, and any other forum out there.

    HOLLA!!

    ARBIZO, what state u in? where u train? etc.. :)

    Your rating: None
    ARBIZO's picture

    GAZZY;18329 wrote:
    sweet.. thanks ARBIZO.. we are pretty cool peeps round here :cool: lol..

    best part is, that we have some real bjj black belts, vs shit talkers/internet warriors that think they know what they're talking about, and world champions on this board to really help the people looking for questions answered, or just a place to come see what's new and hang out.

    weelcome to the OTM forum, hope you make this your new spot!! I like it when people recognize the difference bewteen this forum, and any other forum out there.

    HOLLA!!

    ARBIZO, what state u in? where u train? etc.. :)

    Long Beach, CA. Brazilian Top Team, Molenkramer Martial Arts. Experience; 8 years Greco-wrestling, 3 years BJJ, 2 years Boxing/Muay Thai). I've been at BTT on and off for about 3 years. I’ve tried to remain active in competitive grappling for the last 4 years.

    Wish I could train full time like most of you but working to pay the bills becomes top priority, so I joined this forum to keep in touch with the grappling community.

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    ARBIZO;18416 wrote:
    Long Beach, CA. Brazilian Top Team, Molenkramer Martial Arts. Experience; 8 years Greco-wrestling, 3 years BJJ, 2 years Boxing/Muay Thai). I've been at BTT on and off for about 3 years. I’ve tried to remain active in competitive grappling for the last 4 years.

    Wish I could train full time like most of you but working to pay the bills becomes top priority, so I joined this forum to keep in touch with the grappling community.

    LORD KNOWS I KNOW THAT!!! seriously, been my struggle my whole life, well since age 17..

    Sometimes I just sit back and think.. if I had parent's like Gina Carano, or BJ penn, which were both always backed up with money anytime, anywhere, how much better could I have been today? Of course, I wouldn't have hardened and become such a soldier.. slept in the craziest conditions, dealt with the most heartless people on my own, never had family to lean back on, etc. etc. etc. boohoo..**violin continues**

    having a real job and trying to keep physical conditioning at the levels of a competitor is EXTREMEMLY difficult.. so good job to you ARBIZO!!!!

    Your rating: None
    kaperisk's picture

    ARBIZO;18308 wrote:
    Yes, I'm new to this grapplers forum. Seems friendly unlike Sherdog...

    give it time lolol. jk we are a friendly bunch if i do say so myself....

    Your rating: None
    AllianceAngryAsian's picture

    heyyy everyone

    im new

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    hello johnsonjr :)

    Your rating: None
    GAZZY's picture

    AllianceAngryAsian;18319 wrote:
    heyyy everyone

    im new

    TRIPLE A!!! WAS UUUP?? where u from mang?

    Your rating: None
    view counter