WEC 34 Fighter Salaries
Tue, 2008-06-03 02:46 — Bevois
OTM has obtained the fighter salary information from the California State Athletic Commission for WEC 34, which took place on June 1st at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California.
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that Zuffa, LLC (the WEC's parent company) are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.
Although MMA fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that Zuffa and the WEC also pay its fighters, but do not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses for the top pay-per-view main event fighters, which would not apply since this event was not on pay-per-view), are not included in the figures below.
In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. "Main Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in title fights or in the main event. "Preliminary Match Fighters" are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the Versus broadcast.
MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS
– Urijah Faber: $44,000 (defeated Jens Pulver; 6th fight in the WEC)
– Jens Pulver: $33,000 (lost to Urijah Faber; 2nd fight in the WEC after 8 fights in the UFC and 4 fights in PRIDE)
MAIN CARD FIGHTERS
– Miguel Torres: $28,000 (defeated Yoshiro Maeda; 3rd fight in the WEC)
– Yoshiro Maeda: $6,000 (lost to Miguel Torres; 2nd fight in the WEC)
– Mark Munoz: $16,000 (defeated Chuck Grigsby; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Chuck Grigsby: $3,000 (lost to Mark Munoz; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Rob McCullough: $32,000 (defeated Kenneth Alexander; 9th fight in the WEC)
– Kenneth Alexander: $3,000 (lost to Rob McCullough; 2nd fight in the WEC)
– Donald Cerrone: $10,000 (defeated Danny Castillo; 2nd fight in the WEC)
– Danny Castillo: $3,000 (lost to Donald Cerrone; 1st fight in the WEC)
PRELIMINARY MATCH FIGHTERS
– Mike Thomas Brown: $10,000 (defeted Jeff Curran; 1st fight in the WEC after 1 fight in the UFC)
– Jeff Curran: $10,000 (lost to Mike Thomas Brown; 3rdfight in the WEC after 1 fight in the UFC)
– Will Ribeiro: $6,000 (defeated Chase Beebe; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Chase Beebe: $7,000 (lost to Will Ribeiro; 4th fight in the WEC)
– Tim McKenzie: $12,000 (defeated Jeremy Lang; 6th fight in the WEC)
– Jeremy Lang: $4,000 (lost to Tim McKenzie; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Alex Serdyukov: $6,000 (defeated Luis Sapo; 7th fight in the WEC)
– Luis Sapo: $3,000 (lost to Alex Serdyukov; 1st figt in the WEC)
– Jose Aldo: $6,000 (defeated Alexandre Franca Nogueira; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Alexandre Franca Nogueira: $8,000 (lost to Jose Aldo; 1st fight in the WEC)
– Dominic Cruz: $6,000 (defeated Charlie Valencia; 2nd fight in the WEC)
– Charlie Valencia: $7,000 (lost to Dominic Cruz; 5th fight in the WEC)
DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $263,000
Tagged: On The Mat