EliteXC - Unfinished Business Fighter Salaries
Fri, 2008-08-01 00:09 — Bevois
The California State Athletic Commission released the fighter salary information for EliteXC - Unfinished Business, which took place on Saturday, July 26th at the Stockton Arena in Stockton, California.
The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.
Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions are not included in the figures below.
In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. "Main Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. "Preliminary Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the live broadcast goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the CBS, Showtime, or Internet broadcast.
CBS CARD FIGHTERS
– Robbie Lawler ($90,000/win bonus was $45,000) defeated Scott Smith ($14,000)
– Jake Shields ($45,000/win bonus was $10,000) defeated Nick Thompson ($25,000)
– Nick Diaz ($60,000/no win bonus) defeated Thomas Denny ($8,500)
– Cristiane Cyborg ($6,000/win bonus was $3,000) defeated Shayna Baszler ($8,000)
– David Douglas ($4,000/win bonus was $1,500) defeated Marlon Mathias ($2,500)
SHOWTIME CARD FIGHTERS
– Antonio Silva ($200,000/win bonus was $100,000) defeated Justin Eilers ($20,000)
– Rafael Feijao ($20,000/win bonus was $10,000) defeated Travis Galbraith ($5,000)
– Wilson Reis ($5,000/win bonus was $2,500) defeated Bryan Caraway ($2,000)
PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS
– Anthony Ruiz ($5,001/win bonus was $3,000) defeated Jeremy Freitag ($2,500)
– Carl Seumanutafa ($4,000/win bonus was $2,000) defeated Mike Cook ($2,000)
– Drew Montgomery ($3,000/win bonus was $1,500) defeated Brandon Tarn ($2,000)
DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $533,501
Tagged: On The Mat