2008 California State Pankration Championships
Santa Ana College - Bristol & 17th Street
1530 W. 17th street
Santa Ana, California
$5 Kids - 5-13 yrs
*$8 Coaches * One Free Coaches band with roster of 5 competitors
This Tournament is open to all styles and schools. Amateur�s only.
All divisions are double elimination with a consulation bracket for 3rd & 4th place.
This is the Only State Championship in California. All winners will be recognized as the Official California State Pankration Champion.
- Athletes from all States, Schools and Styles are welcome.
- All Division�s are limited to 16 competitors per Bracket.
- Everyone is encouraged to pre-register to guarantee their spot.
- Athletes who do not make their registered weight will be allowed to move up in weight provided there is an opening in that bracket. All others will receive a refund minus a $5 administration fee.
Weigh in and Walk In Registrations: Two Options, you only need to make weight once
Saturday April 5th - 6-8 PM
Sunday April 6th - 7-8:30 AM:
No competitors accepted after the 8:30 AM cut off
Schedule of Events: All times are estimated
9:30 AM - Rules demo
10 AM - Women (14 & over)
10 AM - Rookie (under 8)
10 AM - Novice (8-10 yrs)
11 AM - Cadet (11-13 yrs)
12 Noon - Junior (14-17 yrs)
2:30 PM - Men's Division
6:30 PM - Estimated Men�s final medal matches.
Duration of Matches: All Divisions are Double elimination
Rookies, Novice and Cadets matches are one 3 Minute Period.
Women and Junior matches are one 4 minute period.
Men division matches are one 5 minute period.
$50 Pre-paid Registrations
$60 Walk in and after April 4th
$10 discount - Teams with 15 competitors. All entry forms must be turned in together
$5 discount - Teams with 8 competitors. All entry forms must be turned in together
Custom State Champion Medals for 1st - 4th place. Two 3rd place medals for Men division
Custom State Champion Plaque for Men�s division champions.
Team Awards for Top 3 Men Teams
Team Awards for Top 2 Junior Teams
Team Award for top combined Rookie, Novice and Cadet Team. (Based on Participation)
- All Athletes must compete with MMA Style Gloves, a mouthpiece and Cup. MMA Style gloves will be provided to athletes without their own.
- Other protective gear is optional: Elbow pads, Knee pads, Shin/ Shin & Instep guards, Wrestling Head Gear, Wrestling/ Martial Arts Shoes.
- MMA Fight Shorts with Rash guard is the recommended uniform.
- Athletes may also compete in Traditional Martial Arts attire, shorts or sweats without open pockets or metal, tight fitting T-Shirt or Wrestling singlet.
Rules: See rules and regulations at www.fightleague.org/Rules.html