A Technique from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
By BJJ.Org Featured Contributor Michael Jen
These techniques should only be practiced with the supervision of an experienced instructor.
Practicing the moves incorrectly could result in serious bodily injury or death.
This information was originally published on www.jenbjj.com . It is made available on BJJ.Org by the express permission of featured contributor Michael "Bolo" Jen.
1. Joe Moreira grips his opponent's right sleeve with both hands and pulls it across his body as he turns onto his side.
2. Pulling his opponent's right arm across his body, Joe hooks his right hand under his opponent's leg and controls his head with his left hand.
3. Joe places his left foot on the ground and walks outward turning his body perpendicular to his opponent.
4. Pushing with the back of his right thigh while lifting with his right hand, Joe sweeps his opponent to his left.
5. Joe maintains control of his opponent's lapel with his left hand while placing his right foot on the left hip to prevent the opponent from sitting up. Joe squeezes his legs together and arches to apply the arm bar.