Grappling Score: 0
MMA Score: 0
Total Score: 0
All About John Miller
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
I am the director for Grappling Sports and coach for team Modern Gladiator.
I am affiliated with Aikia, American Sambo Association, Cummings Combat Sambo, ISWA Wrestling and USA Wrestling.
My training has focused on the combat sports:
- Trapboxing under Dr. Jerry Beasley
- Empirical Western Combat Arts (boxing, wrestling, and submission grappling) under Mark Hatmaker
- Combat Sambo with Carlos Cummings
- Catch-as-Catch-Can Wrestling with Boyd Ritchie
- Kickboxing under Rob Kaman
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under David Meyer
- Aikido with Dan York
I hold a bachelors degree in Exercise and Sport Science from Radford University and completed the Masters program in strength and conditioning at the University of Houston.
My personal philosophy is “self-expression through the martial arts.” In order to be effective, the tactics and techniques need to be simple, match the persons personality and attributes, and become natural extensions of the person by connecting the body, mind, and spirit.