I've got the oppertunity to sit down with Kurt Osiander of Ralph Gracie SF tommorw and do an interview. I've got a list of questions for him but i wanted to see if anybody here had something they'd like to ask. So far this is the list....
1) When did you start training BJJ and what prompted you to get into the sport?
2) How did you earn the nickname "The Rhino"?
3) What drives you to compete in MMA?
4) Looking back at yourself as a white belt, what advice do you wish you had been given that you came to realize on your own?
5) Have you ever used your jiu jitsu in a self defense situation?
6a) What role, if any, does a student's ego play in their development?
6b) Did you need to tame any part of your ego or personality in order to get improve?
7) Do you stretch? If so, how often and what methods do you utilize?
8) If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
9a) What was it like to win the Pan Ams?
9b) How does it compare to winning in MMA?
10a) How did you learn Brazilian Portuguese? What drove you to learn it?
10b) Any advice you'd offer to those thinking about trying to pick it up?
11) What separates those who excel rapidly through the ranks versus those who need more time? Work ethic, dedication, passion, energy or a combination of these?
12a) Is there anything you'd like to say to someone watching this and considering becoming a student of yours?
12b) How about an outsider trying to decide to BJJ is a good fit for them?
13) Anybody you'd like to thank or give a shout out to?
Feel free to message me anytime, i just set up my otm account to forward emails to my cell phone.