My name is Jason Scully. I'm a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training under Jared Weiner (Lloyd Irvin) who owns BJJ United. I'm helping organize a grappling tournament in Wall, NJ on April 3rd 2010. While I know there are bigger tournaments out there such as Grapplers Quest and NAGA. The people running this new event which is called "Head to Head Grappling" are looking to have a consistent tournament in the tri-state area for those who want to compete more and get ready for these big events.
I personally am focused on building a respectable tournament with decent referees and organization where the competitors know that we have their best interests in mind. Is this my own personal tournament? No it is not. I'm helping organize and promote this event for a couple of good people who are willing to take the time to give more chances for grapplers all around the area to compete more.
Some of you know me and some of you don't. I love the sport of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Grappling and have pretty much dedicated my life to it and anyway I can help those around me in the sport I will do my best to do so.
I hope you will take a few minutes to read about the details of this tournament and possibly pass the information about the event onto your students. Below is some info on the event, that I've posted around the internet. Below you'll find 2 printable flyers that are in PDF format, just incase you don't receive a physical flyer in the mail. If you could post it somewhere visible in your academy it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this,
IF YOU'RE ON FACEBOOK YOU CAN RSVP YOUR ATTENDANCE HERE (INVITE ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO WILL BE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING TOO: Head 2 Head Grappling Tournament | Facebook
The first 100 grapplers to pre-register will have a chance to win: 1 of 2 Shoyoroll gi, 1 of 10 Forty Theives shorts or a $100 Forty Thieves gift certificate for a total of 13 prize drawings!
You can check out their gear at:
Forty Thieves Clothing - These are seriously the nicest, bet quality, and most stylish grappling shorts you'll find! (Check out their shorts in their store)
Shoyoroll (This will be from their limited edition Batch #7 production!) (You will hear about Shoyoroll gi's all over the internet as some of the best gis ever made. You can also read a review here: Shoyoroll Gi Reviews - 4 Gis - The Grapplers Guide
Head 2 Head Grappling Presents: Supreme Grappling Tournament 3 - Two $1,000 Pro Division (read below for details)
This event was started to give grapplers in the tri-state area an opportunity to compete in an event that isn't very far away and doesn't break the bank like some of the much bigger tournaments.
Our goal is to run a respectable tournament that brings in some of the best grapplers from the tri-state area.
Pre-register now and save money and get a FREE t-shirt:
- Each competitor is guaranteed 2 matches!
- Women compete for half price!
- Brown Belts and Black Belts compete in the Gi division for FREE!
- Even though we are a fairly new organization we will have 8 mat areas.
- Our location is in a very large sports arena. GoodSports Complex in Wall, NJ so that means no crowded areas.
- We are having TWO $1000 Pro Grappling Divisions - Under 165lbs and 166lbs to 190lbs featuring some of the best expert and black belt grapplers in the tri-state area.
- Our facility has full locker rooms with sauna and showers.
- Facility is equipped with snack bar.
- Focused on getting quality and well respected referees.
- Night Before Weigh Ins from 6pm to 8pm at the venue.
- DISCOUNT AND FREE T-Shirt with online registration (Pre-registration will close after April 1st.)
- Many matches are filmed and posted right on the Head2Head Grappling website: Head2Head Combat - Premiere MMA and Grappling Tounaments in New Jersey
This gi and no-gi event will have divisions for men, women, and 30+ men.
Note that the exact weigh-in times are subject to change as the event approaches. I will keep everyone attending this event posted! Saturday weigh ins will be held at the venue from 8 AM to 10:00 AM for anyone competing in no gi divisions, and will be extended to noon for anyone that will only be competing in the gi. Competitors can also register and weigh in Friday night from 6 to 8 PM at the competition venue. If you weigh in Friday night, you do not need to weigh in on Saturday!
Competitors do not need to wear the gi during weigh ins.
First matches will begin approximately at 10:30 AM.
Note: This event is for adults only. Teens may compete in adult divisions with permission of their parents and coaches.